Assistant Guide & Extended Day Specialists
Cedar Park, Texas
We're looking for an independent, organized, and enthusiastic Assistant Guide & Extended Day Specialist to join our team as the developer and leader our Extended Day Program at our beautiful Cedar Park campuses! Our ideal candidate will work full-time from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm in a full-time capacity, but we are also open to a part-time role for the right candidate. Some of the core responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop and execute a strong aftercare program
- Perform prep-work to ensure environment is ready for students (ages 18 months to 6 years old) on a daily basis
- Interact with children in a warm, joyful, respectful manner that fosters their independence
- Observe children and share your observations with the Lead Guides
- Redirect children as necessary to protect peers' concentration, and to maintain a peaceful and productive learning environment
- Implement feedback provided by Administration and Lead Guides, based on the Montessori method
- Ensure interactions with parents about routine issues or anecdotes from the child's day are positive and upbeat
- Ensure any information about significant student issues or parent concerns are communicated to the Lead Guides, so they can communicate directly with parents
- Problem-solve challenging student issues with Lead Guides
- Participate in regular staff meetings
All full-time employees are eligible for our generous benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K, competitive compensation, and a 75% tuition discount for up to two children at our school.
This role is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door, and learn more about Montessori education! Many of our Assistant Guides ultimately grow to take on Lead Guide roles over time, thanks to our in-house training program we offer to exceptional employees.
About Guidepost Montessori
Guidepost Montessori is dedicated to providing an authentic, high-quality Montessori learning experience for the children in our care. We serve infants through lower elementary and hope one day to expand into upper elementary and middle school.
We are a new school and this is an exciting time to join our team on the ground floor as we work to create something truly special together!
- Experience working with children ages 0-6
- Valid negative TB test taken within last 12 months (prior to start date with Guidepost)
- Familiarity with the Montessori approach to education is preferred, but not required
If you love children and have been looking for the right opportunity to grow, join our school community by applying below!