Remote! Work from Anywhere!
Guidepost Montessori Virtual School is part of a larger network of schools called Guidepost Montessori. Since 2016, our schools have sought to spread the transformative power of Montessori education by opening high-fidelity campuses worldwide. Guidepost Virtual School introduces Montessori pedagogy to families while in the comforts of their own home combining online learning with a consistent classroom community, access to Montessori expertise and support and the delivery of hands-on supplies and materials to enhance a child’s learning and development from birth through sixth grade.
About the Role
The Community Manager will work closely with the Guidepost Montessori Virtual School team to ensure an exceptional welcome, placement and onboarding experience for parents and students, plan and support community building events, provide frequent high-quality written parent communication and unparalleled customer service to our enrolled families.
The ideal Community Manager excels in working with parents, has a customer service mindset, and can quickly address and problem solve issues and concerns. He or she can support organizing multiple requests, coordinating varied workstreams at once, and ideally has a familiarity with the Montessori method. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Provide a welcoming, supportive experience for all families:
- Work with families to understand the specifics of their needs to provide spot-on classroom placement
- Communicate Guidepost Virtual School’s value and be able to confidently articulate how we support a strong virtual community alongside our high-quality educational program
- Build genuine long-term relationships and establish trust with each family
- Guide families through the onboarding process, from welcome letter to orientation to the first weeks of school to their movement to another Guidepost program offering.
- Manage family expectations regarding placement timeline, materials/set up, and ongoing school experience
- Gather feedback from all families to iterate on process improvement
Support, place, and onboard students and families
- Manage a portfolio of ~15 classrooms
- Develop and maintain a positive, professional relationship with families and educators
- Oversee the coordination of placement, onboarding, retention and associated logistics
- Work closely with the Virtual School leadership team to coordinate a stellar parent and student experience
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- An understanding of what families go through to decide to join a virtual school community
- Incredible attention to detail and impeccable organizational and operational skills
- Understanding of educational options for parents, especially as it relates to COVID-19 changes
- Experience working directly in Montessori or supporting a school community in any capacity is a plus
- A questioning attitude to promote understanding each family’s unique needs
- Experience working in a startup is a plus
- An entrepreneurial and energetic personality
- A strong work ethic and coachable attitude
- A customer-first attitude
- A solutions-oriented mindset
We will prefer you over other candidates if you have
- Experience as an Admissions, Administrative, Program or School leadership for ages infant through sixth grade
- Familiarity with the Montessori method of education
- Experience working with technology, specifically Microsoft 360, video conferencing platforms
- Knowledge of the virtual school landscape
What we offer
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 100% tuition discount for two children at any school within our network (we serve children 6 weeks through 12th grade).
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality educational program that serves the individual needs of each child