Spanish-Speaking Assistant Guide (Teacher)
Chicago, Illinois (Wicker Park)
We're now hiring a native Spanish-speaking Assistant Guide to join our school community in the beautiful neighborhood of Wicker Park! The Assistant Guide role will support mixed-age Montessori classrooms of Toddlers or Preschool age children (3 - 6 years old). We serve children in both English-speaking and Spanish Immersion toddler and primary environments.
This role is specifically supporting our Spanish Immersion Montessori classrooms!
This position is a full-time role with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K, a competitive rate of pay, on-going professional development, and a generous 75% tuition discount for up to 2 children! We are looking for guides that can support the classrooms during the school day and supervise the Extended Day program, working a consistent schedule from 9 am - 6 pm each day.
The Assistant Guide role is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door at Guidepost Montessori. Many of our Assistant Guides ultimately grow to take on lead guide roles over time. We provide training for exceptional Assistant Guides! Our Head of School began her career as an AMI-trained Montessori Guide in the classroom and is a wonderful mentor for her team!
If you love children and have been looking for the right opportunity to join our school community, apply below!
About Guidepost Montessori
At Guidepost Montessori, you'll be part of a community of like-minded educators who are passionate about furthering the Montessori movement. We're all here because we want to see a major revolution in education and we think that transformation is only possible with an increase in the amount of high-quality, neighborhood Montessori programs around the globe. We're committed to seeing the Montessori approach to education grow and spread to children not only in the communities we serve in the US, but ultimately around the world!
- Native Spanish-speaker and fluency in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A benevolent approach toward parents and children
- Experience working with young children ages 0-6
- A willingness to grow and learn
What we offer:
- Ongoing professional development
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 75% tuition discount for two children at any school in our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality Montessori program that serves the individual needs of each child