Anywhere! Work from Home!
Guidepost Montessori is a community of AMI-trained educators who are driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. We believe that the traditional method of education used in most schools is antiquated, outdated, and broken. To meet the needs of today's students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. To that end, we are committed to dramatically increasing the amount of high-fidelity, authentic Montessori programs, not only in the U.S., but around the globe!
Since our founding almost 4 years ago, we have opened 75 beautiful schools across the U.S. and abroad, serving over 4,500 students from birth through high school. We have also partnered with an innovative training organization that has earned MACTE accreditation as a Montessori Teacher Training Institute. We are making a profound impact on the children and families we serve, and take great pride in empowering guides and school leaders to do their best work.
As a Montessori Mentor with Guidepost Montessori, you will work with our Programs Team to ensure that all Infant and Toddler students across our network are thriving with high-quality Montessori programming and all adults working with those children have the support structure needed to succeed. This will include actively solving program problems, typically through some form of coaching, mentorship, or consultation with Guides and Heads of Schools, in addition to resource creation and training.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Coaching and supporting new Montessori Lead and/or Assistant Guides through one-on-one or group sessions.
- Observing, assessing, and debriefing with Montessori guides and Heads of School to offer direct and constructive feedback.
- Proposing, designing, and delivering professional development learning opportunities for Montessori guides for our Teacher Training Institute, The Prepared Montessorian.
- Collaborating with a team of agile, thoughtful Montessori experts to support guides through challenging or unusual classroom circumstances.
- Writing, editing, or creating program resources to help Montessori Guides in their classroom.
- Supporting parents of Montessori children and leading discussions, trainings, events aimed towards Montessori-aligned parenting.
What we offer:
- Ongoing professional development
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 100% tuition discount for two children at any school within our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality educational program that serves the individual needs of each child
We'd love to talk with you if you possess:
- A Prepared Montessorian, AMI, or AMS Montessori diploma
- 5+ years Montessori teaching experience
- 2+ years experience in one of the following:
- School leadership
- Educational coaching, training, professional development, and/or adult learning
- Development of curriculum, assessment frameworks, and/or enrichment programs
- An aptitude for reading people and speaking to the best in them
- Excellent observation skills
- Incredible attention to detail and impeccable organizational, written and verbal communication, and operational skills
- Comfort solving ambiguous challenges
- Willingness to travel regularly (post-covid travel will increase)
- Experience and comfort working with technology, specifically Microsoft 360 and video conferencing platforms
- Ability and willingness to run training and professional development during evenings and weekends
If you are as excited about this opportunity as we are, apply today!