Montessori Elementary Teacher Trainer, Mentor & Coach
Anywhere in the U.S.
At Guidepost Montessori, we are driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. We believe that the traditional method of education used in most schools is antiquated, outdated, and broken. To meet the needs of today's students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents.
We believe that the key to international education reform lies in modernizing and mainstreaming the hugely impactful Montessori pedagogy. It is only then that we will succeed in enabling children across the world to realize their human potential as knowledge-guided, value-oriented, efficacious beings, so that they experience, undiluted and unimpeded, the joyous process of growing into successful adults.
Since our founding 4 years ago, we have opened 70 beautiful schools across the U.S. serving students from birth through middle school. We're continuing to grow new Montessori communities, both virtual and in-person, domestic and international
As a Mentor & Coach, you will work with Guidepost Montessori's Program Team to inspire, develop, and support mission-driven educators looking to improve their Montessori practice. Since our team is always growing, we are continuously looking for great people to support our educators. We are not currently interviewing, but would love to keep your application on file for the future!
The right candidate for this position must have:
- An AMI Montessori diploma at 6-12 level
- 3+ years Montessori teaching experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional observation skills
- Willingness to travel regularly
- A passion for adult learning
- Comfort with technology
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Proposing, designing, and delivering professional development learning opportunities for Montessori guides.
- Offering courses for adult learners both remotely and in in-person group learning environments.
- Coaching and supporting new Montessori Lead and/or Assistant Guides through one on one or group sessions.
- Observing, assessing, and debriefing with Montessori guides to offer direct and constructive feedback.
- Collaborating with a team of agile, thoughtful Montessori experts to support guides through challenging or unusual classroom circumstances.
- Writing, editing, or creating video or photo resources to provide to Montessori Guides in their classrooms (video creation expertise not needed, but be ready to star on film!).
We're looking for someone who is excited to grow with our organization as we grow! This is a full-time position with great benefits, including insurance, paid-time off, a 401(k), and a 100% tuition discount for two children at any school in our network!