Head of School & Assistant Head of School
Who We Are
Guidepost Montessori is a community of educators who are driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. To meet the needs of students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents. To that end, we are committed to dramatically increasing the amount of high-fidelity, authentic Montessori programs, not only in the US, but around the globe!
We're expanding our Guidepost Montessori community in the Powell area and we're looking for an experienced Head of School and Assistant Head of School to join our team!
We are looking for a leader who shares our passion for the Montessori method and has the talent and perseverance required to quickly grow enrollment, attract and retain great staff, build a strong parent community, and ensure the educational experience for each child in every classroom is of the highest standard. As the Head of School, you'll be responsible for providing leadership to the entire campus team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a strategic plan for the campus
- Creating a strong culture that embodies the mission of our organization
- Building a strong community among staff, parents, and children
- Ensuring delivery of an exceptional program
- Ensuring overall profitability targets are met (including managing campus budget)
- Working with the Assistant Head of School to ensure enrollment targets are met
- Hiring, supporting, developing, and managing teaching staff
What we offer:
- Ongoing professional development
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 100% tuition discount for two children at any school within our network (we serve children 3 months through 12th grade)
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality educational program that serves the individual needs of each child
- Because we are a private, for-profit organization, this role does not require fundraising nor managing a Board of Directors!
We'd love to talk with you if you possess:
- 2+ years of experience as a school administrator, such as a preschool director, school director, program director, principal, or vice principal
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude for creating a warm and benevolent team culture
- Strong leadership and the ability to make the tough decisions with limited information
- A passion for getting education right through the Montessori pedagogy
We will prefer you over other candidates if you have:
- 3+ years teaching experience in Early Childhood Education
- AMI or AMS Montessori certification
Guidepost Montessori is a project of Higher Ground Education. You can learn more about our mission by visiting http://tohigherground.com/