Very often, we meet parents who are intrigued by the Montessori Method, but who for whatever reason are not quite ready yet to enroll their children in school. If this describes your situation, you may be wondering whether there is any way of giving your child an early taste of the incredible benefits a Montessori education can bring.
Our “Montessori Together” parent and child classes are a great way to gain an appreciation for Montessori, learn from and with like-minded parents, pave the way for an easier transition to school for your child, and bond with your child by sharing an interesting, engaging experience. Here's what you can expect during each session:
- Circle time and songs: At the start of each class, we’ll come together as a community to sing and move, warming everyone up to a new situation.
- Engagement period: You and your child will have a 40-minute period to explore and engage together in our specially-prepared Montessori Together classroom.
- Special activity: You’ll also have the option to cooperate with your child on a special activity, ranging from food preparation to gardening.
- Community snack: Snack time is great for bonding and for modeling healthy social interactions.
- Parent discussion and child play: At the end of the session, we’ll give space for parents to share experiences and reflect upon the class.
Introducing Key Montessori Ideas
The Montessori Together class is also designed to give parents a quick introduction to some of the key fundamentals of the Montessori approach to education. Before each session, we’ll send you a short video introducing one of those key ideas, so that when you come to class with your child, you’ll be “primed” to apply that idea in action! We’ll introduce you to topics like the Montessori approach to discipline, modeling “grace and courtesy” (social skills), the purpose of the hands-on Montessori learning materials, and the overarching themes of developing child independence and building concentration.
Our Montessori Together classroom is specifically designed to aid the transition from home to school—emulating certain aspects of the full school experience to ease both you and your child comfortably into the next important step of your child’s journey. We hope to see you in class this week! Check out your campus website, or ask your Head of School for opportunities to enroll at your school.
Guidepost Montessori is a nationwide network of schools currently serving 3,000+ families. We're now enrolling for infant, toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, and elementary spots at our 51+ locations. We also have a parenting app called Guidepost Parent, featuring Montessori inspiration and activities for your family. Download in the App Store today!